Wednesday, August 31, 2005

What's My Mission

Picture this... you are at home, sitting on your comfy couch reading a great book when you receive a package special delivery. Excitedly you open up your package only to find a single lone CD in the box. Puzzled you place the CD in your CD player and a voice deep, strong and kind resonates from the machine. It says, "This is your mission, should you choose to accept it." You lean in, keen to hear what your mission is and the CD does not fail. At the end of a very detailed plan of what you are suppose to be doing in this world the voice concludes by saying, "This CD will self destruct in 30 seconds". Life plans don't get any clearer than that and they don't get any further away from the truth either.
I wish that God spoke to me in such an unmistakable way, then maybe this feeling of uncertainty and confusion would lift. I wish that I knew what God had in store for me in this life. I wish that I could be sure that the life path I am currently on is the path that God wants for me. I truly believe that God has an appointment for everyone in life and everyone needs to step into the role that God has called them to in order to find fulfillment in what they do... but I just don't know how to tap into that information for my life. I want nothing more than to be serving my Savior wherever He wants me but I feel like a balloon blowing in the wind with no clear direction, just fluttering where the wind takes me, subject to change direction at any point, dependant on the weather.
Prayer of course is necessary to discovering what my mission is, as well as reading and studying God's Holy Word... but still I feel undirected in what my lifes work is to be... Perhaps God is not telling me right now because I need to be tested... tested in my faithfulness to discover the mission, and testing me in the area of trust... trusting in Him to guide me in His time and not mine, being faithful to Him in the time being... I don't know but I am curious to know how my life will be used to glorify the King.
The purpose of this blog is to capture parts of this walk of faith God is leading me on. For my own personal reflection as well as to inspire, encourage or help any one else who happens upon it. I pledge to be honest, leaving destructive pride at the door as I sit to write. I want the accounts to be truthful to what I am feeling and doing, whether or not the truth is pretty and flattering. I want to be honest before you and most importantly honest before God. Please feel free to write and comment on what I have written. Share you thoughts and insights and advice. Let's see together where this road leads us.

2 Comments:

At 7:39 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Excellent post and I totally understand what you are getting at. It can be so hard to know what God's direction for our lives is. But as long as we stay in the Word, pray and keep in communion with the Lord, it should be easier to distinguish His voice.

 
At 7:40 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

By the way, you can delete these spam comments. Just go into your blogger dashboard (www.blogger.com) and then into change settings. Next, click on the "posting" tab at the top, then "edit post" (written in blue) then click on "view" of the post you want, which is this one and go to comments (might be right under the post) and then click on the trash can for all the ones you want removed. You have the word verification I see, so that should eliminate those now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home