Saturday, October 15, 2005

Let Heaven and Nature Sing

Dear Jesus:
You are a mighty king. With mere words, you created the world and all things in it. Thank you Lord for your giving and gracious nature. You give to us the beauty of the earth around us.
There are thousands of shades of green in the summer to captivate the eye. Those greens are matched up to the radiant array of colors captured by the flowers. Lord is any bird more colorful or creative that a parrot or more blue than a bluejay. How about the electric colors of some of the fish swimming in the sparkling blue ocean.
In the autumn Lord, you paint the trees with an unmatchable palette. You designed the trees to glow in the majestic colors of red, orange and yellow. You chose fall to be a season aglow with color. The universe is your canvas, and you tint it with an unceasing, indescribable selection of color.
Even winter, Lord sparkles with your creativeness and your flair. All things shine with your frozen frostings, more radiant than any diamond. And finally Lord in your wisdom, you gave us spring which is a glorious reminder of your grace and our salvation by the renewing of life in the nature that surrounds us.
Father, this world is awash in reminders of a mighty and powerful God at the center. Could anything but a magnificent, creative and loving God have made it? No!!!, the glory of the Lord shines in His creations!!!!
Thank you Lord, that I too am your creation. Hand crafted by the master artist. Help me Lord to be a willing vessel, reflecting your love to those around me. Jesus, lover of my soul, let your glory shine through me.
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3: 20-21

6 Comments:

At 2:50 p.m., Blogger The Faith Expedition said...

That was a great post! Thanks so much for stopping by The Faith Expedition and I am equally honored to be added to your links! Stop by again. My blogging isn't always as forthcoming as it used to be as I am a single mom of a beautiful 18 month-old son and I have returned to University full-time. I spend most of my time on the computer writing papers and doing research. However, I love to blog and read the blogs of dear friends so I have renewed my committment to be a more faithful writer. God bless! Becky
P.S. Autumn is my favorite season. I enjoyed your description of it!

 
At 4:03 p.m., Blogger Holly said...

Oh what a beautiful post. Ahh my heart sings along to these words! Do you mind if I link to it on my blog?!

God Bless!!

 
At 9:17 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Hmm...thought I had posted on this...

Just love the honesty of your heart, your way with words. You know what you're talking about for sure!

I'm just awed at the range of colours and hues and tones and whatnot that God has created...simply amazing!

 
At 9:46 a.m., Blogger What's my Mission said...

Go ahead mustang girl. Thanks for your kind words!!!

Shelley, you did post about it but when I look at the magnificence of God's creation I can't help but marvel at it as well. Autumn is certainly eye candy.

 
At 7:10 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

LOL Mission Girl...I meant that I thought I had posted a comment on your post.

 
At 7:18 a.m., Blogger What's my Mission said...

LOL Shelley, I thought you were referring to your fall foliage day post. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home