Monday, October 17, 2005

Shout for Joy!!!

Psalm 42
"Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him,
my savior and my God."

When my hope is truly in God, how can I walk in sorrow? This mighty God I serve has promised to be my refuge, my shield, my source of strength. When I keep myself rooted in Him and His promises to me I can do no less than shout and sing for joy because with Christ for me, who can be against me?

Now, I don't believe that I shouldn't have times of sadness... God made me with tear ducts and tears for a reason. My heart will be broken, I will get disappointed, frustrated, lonely, and I will cry, sob, wail and hopefully I will remember to call out to the Lord for the comfort I so desire. ONLY God in his unfailing love can bring me the peace that my soul, my heart, my body desires. When I cling to His Word, His promises to me, my sorrow soon turns to joy because I am NOT alone. God knows where my hurts are, He knows what my heart is concerned about, He sees the burdens that I carry and when I get "real" in front of Him, laying it all down, with honesty and humility, He picks it all up and He carries it for me. What an AWESOME God I serve!!!!

2 Comments:

At 2:54 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

He definately knows our hurts and pains and sorrows. In the New Testament (I think in Matthew) we are told to cast our burdens on the Lord and let Him carry them for us so that we don't have to. I know I need to practice letting Him continue to carry them, instead of taking them back and carrying them myself again. Great post and reminder! Love ya Mission Girl!

 
At 2:28 a.m., Blogger Holly said...

Another wonderful post girl!

This theme has been around me a lot lately (whether Bible Study, church service, my own dealings...). Realizing that He is there with me always in good times and bad. It is part of our relationship with Him. He is just keeping up His end of the deal, and ours is to just to continue to love, serve, and trust in Him! :)

.:hugs:.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home