Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Weight Update:


Well I am now four weeks into the Weigh Down Progam and to date I have lost eight pounds... WOOHOO!!! God has been really good to me this past month...


Not that there hasn't been a couple days when I was less than obediant... I find that when I get tired, I have alot less desire to be obediant and so there were a few times I caught myself eating something when I wasn't hungry. And in those moments I had to decide whether or not to resort to a temper tantrum ("BUT I WANT THIS COOKIE RIGHT NOW GOD!!!!"


Or once again, put my life back into His more than capable hands... feeding heart hunger instead of head hunger. I wish I could say that this was the case everytime but sadly no... more than once I ate the cookie, or whatever. Fortunately, because God is so GOOD, He doesn't allow me to get away with disobediance... The food was definately not worth it... When I choose to be obediant to Him, even in the small things like when to eat, when not to eat, my whole outlook on life is better. God created us for obediance and that is what I am gonna strive for...


I suspect it will be an uphill battle... I have a stubborn streak a mile wide and pride often causes me to stumble... but I am so thankful that I am not making the journey alone. I feel God's blessing in this endeavor and I know that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" (Phillipians 4:13).

6 Comments:

At 7:27 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Woo Hoo!! Congrats on losing 8 lbs!!! You rock!!

 
At 3:48 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

you go girl!

 
At 1:56 a.m., Blogger Holly said...

I am soo happy and proud of you! You are doing great! I will be praying for you!

What an amazing point: "The food was definately not worth it... When I choose to be obediant to Him, even in the small things like when to eat, when not to eat, my whole outlook on life is better. God created us for obediance and that is what I am gonna strive for..." Awesome! :)

.:hugs:.

 
At 8:31 a.m., Blogger What's my Mission said...

Thanks guys, you are a pretty cool bunch...

 
At 5:07 p.m., Blogger Curious Servant said...

Good luck!

I've been working on the weight thing now since September.

15 pounds!


Thank you for your visit to my blog.

 
At 2:01 a.m., Blogger Paula said...

Thanks for visiting GraceReign. I love this post. How exciting to be losing weight. I need to prayer about that whole issue for myself. So far just haven't had enough desire to face the issue head on. *sigh* What I really need to do is get some consistent exercise. That would be a very healthy choice.

Anyway, I'm proud of you! This kind of thing isn't easy. May God continue to empower you and may you discover His love in ever increasing measure through this experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home