Saturday, November 12, 2005

Time to ROOT out the IDOLS





Okay, so I am tired of being fat... Seriously... This is not the way that I am most healthy, this is not the way that God created my body to look and this is not how I want to live anymore... But I think that finally I am tired of being fat not only for appearance purposes but because my overweight issues stem from serving a god... NO, not big "G" God but little "g" god. I have a certified idol in my life and it is time that it goes away because I serve a God much bigger than any little god this world may try and tempt me with. Food, as of right now, trys to fill a void... this void never gets filled by food... I can stuff as much as I want in my mouth and this space will never fill up, my pant size might increase, I may take up more room on a couch but the void will never get filled.
Who or what can actually fill this void... if you guess GOD then you would be right. I need to go to God more when things are looking down, or when I am bored or when I am sad or when I am happy... Food can not do any thing but fill a physical, biological need. Spiritually it will leave me emptier than antartica in the middle of winter. It is time for me to seek God, not some powerless inanimate object!!! I want to tear down the high places in my life!!!! Thank you LORD for beginning a good work in me. Help me to be faithful to you, rooting out the evil weeds that have infested my heart so that I can truly serve You with all my heart, soul and strength.

9 Comments:

At 1:27 p.m., Blogger Holly said...

Wow Kristina! You don't read minds do you? Cause I think read mine and then posted about it that is how much I can relate to this post!! (the cartoon by the way is Hi-larious----because it is true for me!). I just want to be healthy, and I know God wants me to be healthy too, so that I may better serve Him and His Chruch. And I have gotten the bug to start jogging again. When I did it last time, in combo with a few other things, it really worked and helped loose some pounds. So today, I am waiting for the tempurature to warm up and get some studying done before I go out and tackle this! God bless you darlin' and I will be praying for you!!!!!

 
At 9:48 p.m., Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Yup...sounds like me too...I definately need to do this too!

 
At 7:10 a.m., Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

I think we can all relate to this post!!! Love the cartoon!

 
At 1:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

i never had a problem losing weight but i have a problem gaining weight. no offense meant. but i also have problems you're facing only it's the flipside. i need to gain weight because my husband says so and i agree. i really look so skinny now.

 
At 7:15 p.m., Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Your post is so much like The Weigh Down Diet, I don't know if you've heard about it, but I lost 40 pounds successfully and kept it off. It's a book about replacing your hunger for food with a hunger for God and eating only when God gives you a hunger signal, then stopping when you're full. I failed for so many years and then finally at 36 years old, I got it and it worked. My neice Steph from www.stephssidewalk.blogspot.com recently lost about 85 pounds, after I told her about the book. She has a photo at her website. I really do believe the program is one that will stick with me through out life.

 
At 2:02 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

just wondering how you're doing. praying for you...

 
At 9:44 a.m., Blogger What's my Mission said...

Hey darlene:
The weighdown is the program that I am actually using... Funny eh?? I love it. It makes so much sense really. God has definately created our bodies to know what it needs. Thanks for the encouragement.

 
At 9:45 a.m., Blogger What's my Mission said...

Hi Pia:
Thanks for the encouragement. I am actually doing great. It's been a full week since I started the Weighdown and I have lost 4 pounds. Pretty encouraging. I really can do all things through Christ who gives me strength!

 
At 1:19 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

november 24, 2005

happy thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home